Pages

Sunday 1 March 2015

Joyce Blessing Wins Award

Joyce Blessing has won the DJ Song of the Year Award at the third edition of the Ghana DJ Awards held on February 21 at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) in Accra.

The Ghana DJ Awards, which is one of the biggest events in the entertainment calendar in Ghana, was organised by Mercury Republic Events to reward hardworking radio and mobile DJs who have contributed immensely to the growth of the entertainment industry in Ghana.

The celebrated gospel music icon, who took home the award, beat icons such as Stonebwoy, Sarkodie, Daddy Lumba, D Black and Yaa Pono to grab the award.

In 2013, the award-winning gospel musician grabbed five awards including the Gospel Artiste of the Year Award at the Ghana Gospel Industry Awards (GGIA).

Joyce Blessing disclosed that after her seven weeks performance tour in the UK, 'I have been receiving constant calls from my fans and music lovers to remix my award-winning hit song, 'Monko Mo Akyi .'

'I thank God for how far He has brought me, my management, Media Excel Productions, and all DJs who played my songs making it win this category. I thank my fans, everybody and management team for encouraging, and supporting me from the beginning to date,' she said.

In a chat, her producer and manager, Ernest Ennin, told BEATWAVES that Joyce truly deserves the award because she has played a very important role in the development and promotion of Ghanaian gospel music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment