Pages

Tuesday 17 February 2015

The Beautiful Face of Africa Fashion Week London

Beautiful and stunning model Maggie Smith has fashioned and sketched her way to a landslide victory in the race to become the face of Africa Fashion Week London. The 20-year-old received 1947 votes - over 200 more than her nearest rival.

Maggie, who is a receptionist, will get to see her face on posters, websites and the catwalk when she fronts the Africa Fashion Week London in August. Subsequent to her enormous success over more than 20 other contestants Maggie, born in Uganda but now living in Airdrie with mum Joanne said: “I am absolutely over the moon as this will be an amazing opportunity.

“I am very excited about being the face of Africa Fashion Week London and I will have to try and contain myself as I still have to get up for work in the morning in the meantime. I finished just over 200 votes ahead of the runner-up, which is incredible. I can’t thank the Advertiser and its readers and everyone who voted enough.

“I have relatives in Southampton, Uganda and Australia who all showed their support while all my friends in Airdrie and colleagues at work have been brilliant. “There were people I have never met in my life who voted for me and I will never forget the opportunity they have afforded me.

“I am an emotional person as it is but I was really touched by seeing how kind people can be. “The Africa Fashion Week London doesn’t take place until August but I am travelling to London for a photoshoot at the end of February." Maggie continued saying: “These publicity shots will be to use on the face of the fashion week campaign. The images used are going to be very editorial, with a lot of colour, and I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

“My face will feature on ticket passes, website promotion and on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram during the fashion week. There will also be a backdrop of an image of my face on the catwalk for the fashion shows, which is very exciting to think about” she said.

“I will be based in London for the full week, at least, and the contacts I will hopefully make would be really helpful. “Winning still hasn’t fully sunk in yet. I think it will start to when I go down for my photo-shoot. I cannot wait to get off and running,” she said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment