Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

My music demonstrate a range of shades and temperaments

jehu1. So, Mr. Jehu Mulobo what’s your story?

Jehu Mulobo is a young Congolese citizen born in Kinshasa, the capital of Democratic Republic of the Congo. I did classical music in one of the best institute of arts (I.N.A) in D.R. Congo and in 2010 I travelled to India to study communication and multimedia. I am in India since 2010.

2. How would you describe your music for the public audience if they have never seen you before?

Iregularly captivate audiences as a lead guitarist and vocalist all over the world, my music demonstrate a range of shades and temperaments. The sound builds down to acoustic simplicity, which draws influences from an electric range of genres from soukousse, blues, Afrobeat and Reggae.

3. Tell us about a project, concert or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career?

The project that is currently in my mind is to make some exchange between Africa and India by art and culture, and that is why I created the music band by the name of “Solo Indien” which is playing blues, soucousse, afrobeat and reggae.

4. What are your fondest musical memories?

When I was invited to participate in a music festival in the desert of Kanu/dunes in India in November 2012 for the first time, the festival named Ragasthan. I discovered a lot of things there.

5. Have you attended any of the music festivals in India? If yes, then how was it different from Africa?

Yes, I have participated in some of festivals in India as well-known Ragasthan, Holiguns Fest, Duplay After Hours... It was my pleasure to deeply associate with all these festivals and to learn how to organize them in a better way.
6. You’re in India for a quite a long now. Tell us about the musicians in India you have collaborated or worked with?

Well, there are many amazing musicians and bands that I’ve worked with in India like: The Reggae Rajahs, Tritha, Stefan Kaye, Gautam Gosh, Nikhil Vasudevan and much more … It was such a wonderful collaboration for me to understand a lot of things from them and it’s always a pleasure for me to collaborat with different musicians.

7. During your performances, you must have visited various places in India, which city or state you loved the most and why?

Over here, I have played a various concerts in different cities or states in India, but Delhi is the city I love the most, there is some reason behind, it’s a place that I have started my music career as an independent artist and I find right people who supported my music to grow up with another perspective and these days I’m working on my upcoming album “One Love”. Stay tuned for more updates!!

8. What advice you would like to give to the beginners?

Actually, the process of learning to play music is much like learning to drive or swing a golf club. Like these other skills, you require practice to master and love your talent. Be cool and natural….

0 comments:

Post a Comment